March 06, 2008

Good riddance!

When we arrived home last Saturday, our yard was full of snow. Then, in honor of our return, the weather gods warmed things up. Here's all that's left. Good riddance I say. I know. I have no right to be sick and tired of winter since I've missed most of it, but still....

Not much has been going on in my crafty world lately. Well, nothing I wish to share anyway. There's those pesky ladybugs that I refuse to post pictures of anymore, lest you poor readers go elsewhere for something new and exciting. And then there's a small amount of belated birthday business I'm working on for Tech Guy. I'm pretty sure he never reads the blog unless I send him a link to a particular post I think he might find humorous. But still. I wouldn't want to take a chance on spoiling a surprise.

I'm feeling torn between starting a new doll project and mixing up a mess of instant paper mache to work on a penguin...for which I purchased this as a base before I left for the west coast.

I found a nice penquin picture that might lend itself to the vase.
And while I've been sitting and pondering this dilemma, I've been reading this:
I'm usually not one to sit during the day and read. I'm more of an in-the-bed reader. But this book has been easy to read while sitting on the couch during a lazy afternoon. I think I still have jet lag. That's my story anyway.

So maybe I'll just move on over to the couch now and read a little more. And then maybe I'll go outside and watch more of that snow melt.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems we have a pause in the stratosphere here, too. The bees are still busy, though, in the backyard. I expect to break out in hives shortly......maybe a repeat of a hive in the garage will be in order.

kathy b said...

why don't our children (sons) read the blogs and post? Maybe for mothers day!