March 23, 2008

Easter bunny with attitude

Here's an Easter bunny with a bad attitude. Make no mistake, he's not the Easter Bunny. He's just a bunny who's been sitting in my treehouse, naked, for a very long time. And he's steamed. He'd like for me to just once dress him up in some holiday duds. But I've been busy with ladybugs, dragonflies and cows. I suppose I should become more sensitive to his needs unless I want to continue being haunted by his icy stare.
Yesterday Mr. Gadget and I had a very nice trip down to the city for BCG's birthday celebration. I didn't actually arrange for traffic cops, but I guess somehow the folks in the city knew we'd be coming and there might be some partying going on.
Here's what I made for BCG:
A remote control caddy that's so much more festive than the one I gave her for Christmas. I gave her one of these too.....
And one of these......only I left it home on the dining room table by mistake......
I hope she doesn't get a bad cold before I see her again.

Mr. Gadget and I rode in one of these very same taxis from Grand Central to BCG's apartment because we were schlepping something even bigger, and thank goodness I didn't forget it too.
It was a sewing machine and some sewing supplies......just what she wanted. And, of course, a sewing mom is beside herself with happiness when she finds out she has a sewing daughter. I made her this too:
A sewing machine cover to keep dust bunnies away. And one of these.....
A little drawstring bag for her sewing supplies.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go cook Easter dinner. Don't tell anyone, but we're having left-overs.....

2 comments:

kathy b said...

IF I ever learn to sew, it'll be because of you! Great gift and loved the mounted police image

Anonymous said...

That bunny does look mighty naked. The other Kathy has paid you a well deserved compliment. Maybe I'll get to my wallhanging before long...possibly! I'm getting into making movies now...hahaha