May 02, 2007

Trudy

Here's Trudy, the first of two witch dolls I've been working on. I wasn't going to name her, but then "Trudy" popped into my head. My good friend Claudia, who reads this blog but is herself blogless, may remember that name from our school days together. I hope word doesn't get back to the Trudy of our youth that I've named a witch after her. At least she's a good witch.

And remember that cute little chipmunk who was eating so nicely on my back deck? Well, here's a little visitor on my front porch who had no invitation.
I've been tempted by some delectable gourmet delights myself on occasion, but I have to say I've never eaten anything upside down.

This picture gives a good view of my neighbor's house--the neighbor with the green thumb. She reports that some uninvited visitors have been spotted in her yard too. She and her husband put up a bluebird house in their side yard, and don't you know.....a house wren started moving in. Then, the bluebirds arrived and I don't know what happened next. I'll have to get an update. I've heard stories about how hard it can be to convince inappropriate tenants to vacate a place.

I had a bit of a fright yesterday when it appeared that Dixie and I might be having some compatibility issues. She threatened to have a sitdown strike on the living room carpet. I coaxed and prodded to no avail. Mr. G talked to her sternly and finally had to call the Dyson people . Seems she's got a really strong sucker, which wasn't taking well to the thick carpet. Luckily Mr. Gadget found a gadget in his toolbox and removed something-er-other from her underside and now she has a better attitude. She's picking up stuff that's probably been down in the carpet for a decade or two. So now I've learned that when someone says something "really sucks" it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yesterday, around noon, I got a call from Big City Girl who was walking around the city on her lunch break. She said she might come up to visit this weekend. She and BCBF (big city boy friend) have been invited to a party nearby. It will be nice to see her, since the last time we saw her was at the big city birthday celebration.
Well, she's not positive they're coming, but she's pretty sure. And if they do come, she's not sure when they'll arrive, but it'll be late in the day. And they may or may not eat with us, and they probably won't be staying over here at the house. But things could change. Maybe. Actually, very little has changed......




No comments: