May 16, 2007

Have a seat

I've managed to amass quite a collection of doll chairs over the years in an effort to provide my dolls with the best possible seating at craft fairs. Their comfort is my top priority. I usually set up a row of old wooden crates along the back of my craft table and put some of the dolls on those with their legs dangling over. Others sit in front of the crates in chairs. Still more sit on the front edge of the table. And if I've really been into a crafting frenzy, I set up a little shelf in front of the table. It's a veritable candy shop of characters.

The twig chair is a good one for a frog doll. It's woodsy in keeping with his native habitat. The red chair suits a Red Hat lady or a santa. Some folks have asked me if I would sell the chair along with its occupant, but I always say no....with a smile, of course, and maybe a suggestion as to where they could get one of their own. I've grown quite attached to my chairs.

This black spindly chair has been used to display a graduate doll, or sometimes a chef. It looks like one you might find in a library or a little cafe. I've also used it for a cat....maybe one in a checkered outfit with a smart-looking bowtie.

The white one works well for a bunny or a snowman. It's not quite as roomy as the other chairs, so sometimes it's hard to even see it once a doll sits down. I can relate.

And here's yet another twig chair. They're so cute I have a hard time passing them up. A cow doll has been known to sit in one and sometimes a witch. It's also a good choice for a leprechaun. I have quite a few more doll chairs; this is just a sampling. I keep wondering if one of these days I'll walk into the treehouse and find the characters playing musical chairs. But better that, I suppose, than a game of poker or, heaven forbid, a seance....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute...how funny...a seance...ha..ha..ha!