May 17, 2007

New shoes

This morning Mr. Gadget and I went shopping for new sandals. After all, summer is coming and our feet will need some fresh air. I was quite taken with these, since they will go with so many outfits.....like jeans, jeans shorts and jeans capris. I'm a jeans kind of gal.

And it's with great regret that I must tell you that Dixie and I ended up parting ways. She was a very nice looking vacuum cleaner, but she was very finicky when it came to handling her duties on the heavier pile living room carpet. Mr. G. agreed to return her to the store, where I understand they took her back with no questions asked. They didn't even want to hear our complaints about Dixie, which makes me wonder if others have returned their Dixies too. So now I will have to rely on Betty the Bissell, who has been handling her upstairs vacuuming duties without a fuss. Wait til I tell her she has to work overtime.

So this morning I was fixing myself some breakfast while Mr. G, having just finished his exercise routine, was reading the newspaper. As I sat down at the table, he put the newspaper down and came over to join me, and we had the following chat:

"You really don't have to come over and sit with me," I said. "I know you're enjoying the newspaper."

"That's ok. The newspaper will be there when you're done."

"You're really a very nice guy."

"Are you going to write that in your blog?"

What can I say. It's a slow news day in blogdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new shoes and the toenail polish!! Some new shoes will arrive in the mail sometime in the near future here and I do believe I'll copy your foot shot and add it to my blog. Your feet look just like summer! And, yes, indeed, Mr. G. is a very nice man. We used the ladder he let us have all those years ago yesterday. Muchos gracias to Mr. G.

Anonymous said...

Nice toes! For a moment, I thought you were going to say that you had found a way to MAKE those sandals! As for the VC....I hated my DIL's and went with a Hoover! Consumer Reports panned the Dyson, by the way.