May 29, 2007

Bagels at the Why Not

Mr. Gadget and I arrived in southern California on Saturday after an uneventful flight in our usual seats: 17A and B. JetBlue names its planes which I think is a nice personal touch. We were on Bada Bing Bada Blue. I always feel compelled to check out the name when we get off, although I don't keep a list like some people do. I wouldn't want to be accused of having a tracking fetish.
So yesterday morning Mr. G. and I were enjoying some coffee and a bagel in the neighborhood fast-food joint.
"I need to blog," I said. "I haven't blogged for a few days."
"Is there something you can take for that?" he asked.
I just waited a while for the feeling to pass, and then I got busy with some other things. Like shopping for groceries, and doing a little browsing through the Asian market on the corner. I picked up a couple of delicacies to go with the erstas I was planning to fix for dinner. If you're by any chance from Brooklyn where Mr. G. was born, you'd know that would be oysters. When we first met, he called me Marsher, but that didn't last long.

Mr. G. is a big fan of Kimchi. They make about 107 varieties of it at the market. It's a god-awful smelling, I mean well-seasoned cabbage slaw. Sometimes I encourage him to eat it in the garage.
And just in case you were wondering, there has been some knitting going on.
I'm making a tank top for Big City Girl. It's 100% cotton and I'm not really enjoying working with it as much as the wool yarns I've used recently. But for a summer tank top, I think the cotton is a good choice and it's machine-washable. That's also good, just in case it becomes a dust mop if you know what I mean....
So I hear that Tech Guy has become quite the neighborhood social butterfly in the short time we've been gone. He's met the new next door neighbors who we never see outside, and who have not been home when we've tried to deliver cookies. And he's continued our good relationship with the two chipmunks we had befriended. All it takes is some sunflower seeds. Mr. G., who affectionately calls them munks, worries that TG will go overboard with his hospitality. Not to worry, I told him. I've already given him a stern warning. After all, we wouldn't want them in the house running amunk.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Running amunk....snort! Have you tried some of the bamboo yarns? They are supposed to be a bit more fun than cotton. Just saying. By the way, our limo to the airport tomorrow is a new service in town by two former (well, maybe this one is still) flight attendants for AA, our bus of choice. I'm going to mention to her that I think AA ought to get a sense of humor. Southwest hires their people on the basis of their standup comedy ability, I think, and Jet Blue sounds like a hoot, too. But, we've got all those miles on American......