March 02, 2011

Trying to get it all back together

I keep thinking one of these days I'll outsmart jet lag.
The suitcase-unpacking competition--that ever-popular bi-annual event here at Macaroni Stadium-- ended in a tie this time around. Please don't tell Mr. Gadget about those t-shirts and unmentionables I kicked under the bed.
Here's a snow picture taken as we departed L.A on Sunday. As planned, I had my warm coat, scarf and gloves under the seat in front of me thereby allowing sufficient space in my checked luggage for the chocolate-covered macadamia nuts--although one pair of jeans had to be sacrificed. No problem though. They were a little snug from the Kona-coffee flavored mac nuts I ate during and after the cruise....oh, and maybe a few onion and garlic ones too.

So now we are back at the Concondo and I've been checking items off of my re-entry list. One of those was to pick up Tech Guy's tortoise from the spa. Yes, that's right, the spa. Some very good friends offered to keep him while we were gone and they spoiled him big-time. He ate nothing but organic greens and special treats. They also allowed him to roam around the house. Yes, he had free roaming. I don't think there are many pet tortoises--or cell phones for that matter--that have free roaming. Now that Mr. Big-Shot tortoise is back here where things are more like a Super 8 motel than a 5-star resort, there'll be no living with him.
By the way, Tech Guy is driving our Calcar (recently replaced by a new version) back across the country. He's made it as far as Jackson, Miss. We've been tracking his progress by way of cell phone. I had planned to implant a chip, but....
I always like to have some airplane knitting, so I started some new socks. I probably should start wearing some of the socks I've made. I mostly just like to make socks; wearing them is not something I do often. I'd pass them on to Big City Girl, but I'd have to assume they'd join her dustmop collection. Maybe I'll make a new year's resolution to start wearing my handmade socks. It's only March 2nd. It's not too late, is it?
So now I'm trying to decide what kind of new project to start. I'm bored with cloth dolls for the moment. Maybe I'll do a little something with clay. The Bawdy One has been sitting in the Treehouse for months while I've pondered how to finish her.
Here she is with some of her bawdiness hidden from view. Maybe when I get my hands back in the clay the muse will show up.
And speaking of Big City Girl, she has some exciting plans later this month. She's entered this.
I asked her if there would be a spectator section for moms so I could come and cheer her on. I also wondered if I'd be able to find the place by myself, since I have no city smarts.
"Don't worry," she reassured me. "Just take the G train to Brooklyn and get off near my apartment. Then walk 6 blocks down and 4 streets across...."

No comments: