March 10, 2011

Can you spell cheesy?

I've been doing some sculpting on The Bawdy One.

Tech Guy tells me the head looks more like a he than a she. But I assured him the right hair and outfit will remove any confusion. I envision a witch wearing a revealing leotard and a tu-tu. Or something like that. Who knows? Usually these little clay folks like to call the shots.
One of the things I enjoy most about working with clay is how engrossing the process is--to the point that thoughts of everything else going on in my life fade into the distance. This is unlike knitting when I ruminate over problems or start to feel guilty that I'm not cleaning out a closet or questing for dust bunnies.

TBO is a work in progress so she still has lots of warts and skin issues. The magic word is sandpaper. It does wonders for smoothing out the trouble spots. If only I could take a tad off my thighs that easily.
So, have you seen the new Cheez-it's? Maybe they aren't new. I probably haven't been paying attention. I've always found the chocolate aisle much more alluring than the snack aisle. In fact, I think I'll send a letter off to those M & M people....

1 comment:

Marge Malwitz said...

Love that sculpture and your hilarious description of the process. Guess Mr. Gadget told you I was missing your postings!