March 03, 2011

Flower basket and other things

So yesterday I felted some crocheted flowers, being careful to put the colored ones in with a load of colored clothes, and the whites with whites. I'm pretty sure they felt better in the eastern washer than the western one because the water is hotter. I know a hot wash with a cold rinse is important for good felting results. From now on I will crochet in the west and felt in the east. Unlike macadamia nuts, crocheted flowers do not add to luggage weight.
And here are my Thursday socks. I've decided to make good on that slightly-belated new year's resolution. I think I have enough knitted socks in the drawer to get me through a week and then some. I have yarn left over and I don't remember if I made a mini-sweater out of it. If not, then most certainly I will make one when the mini-sweater mood comes back around.
Mr. BST (Big-Shot Tortoise) is in his tortoise house eating gourmet dandelion greens (special take-out from the spa) and cucumbers. He's bumping up against the walls making quite a racket and demanding a hot-stone massage. I think it's time for tough love.
Mr. Gadget spent some time yesterday on the phone with a IRS representative arguing over a piddly little issue that, in the great scheme of things, is hardly worth a moment of frustration. Did you know that if you yell at an agent of the IRS, he will yell right back?
We feel indeed lucky that our Concondo was in great shape when we returned after the winter from Hell. All around us our neighbors had roof leaks, water damage, and things blown loose from the winds.
Tech Guy is still in Jackson, but we should get an update whenever he decides to get up. He's probably not unlike one of those airline pilots who tells you, when you're late pulling away from the gate, not to worry because he'll make up the time once we're airborne.
I'm thinking about doing some volunteering at a local elementary school. They have a program where volunteers go in once a week and help second graders with reading and writing. I did similar work at TG's and BCG's school when they were young. I enjoyed it and it gave me a sense of making a difference. The first thing I'll do is insist that they read my blog....
Gotta go. The bawdy one beckons.

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Nice looking socks! Good work....!!

Have a great day, Marcia!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcia.

When it comes to my helping out in Alexis' 3rd grade classroom:

1. I don't do math.
2. I don't do copies.
3. I don't pull teeth.

Just trust me on that last one!