March 21, 2011

Never mind

Forget what I said about Spring springing. The weather gods like to toy with us this time of year. They don't play fair.
This snowy spring weather is not unusual though. I remember well the first few days of spring 27 years ago. I was in the hospital giving birth to Big City Girl. It was a day just like today. That was back when a new mom who had just had a C-section could spend a few extra days in the hospital. TG and Mr. Gadget were at home anxiously awaiting my return, so I decided to enjoy my little spring vacation because I knew it would likely be the last one I'd have for a very long time.
So, as I reported earlier, yesterday was BCG's birthday and she spent her weekend in the big city competing in the Crossword Tournament. Over 600 people signed up. She sent me a text message during the lunch break on Saturday.
"I'm having lots of fun, but I'm bombing," she said. "It's really hard."
"Well, enough about the puzzles," I texted back. "Are there people wearing funny outfits?"
"All over the place," she said. "Even though the puzzles are hard, I think I'd like to do this again next year."
"Wonderful!" I shot back. "I'm already busy sketching up a silly outfit for you to wear."
We'll celebrate next weekend here at the Concondo. It just so happens that Mr. Gadget's birthday is next weekend also, so I'll be spending time this week doing some event planning. There may be balloons and some party games. Possibly even a treasure hunt. And cake, for sure.
But this time I get to lick the beaters.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Such cuties!