February 26, 2011

Treasure


Earlier today Mr. Gadget accused me of being a dumpster diver. All I did was take a bag of garbage out to the dumpster, wherein I noticed this pretty butterfly seemingly perched atop another bag of same. Very soon I realized it was part of a Valentine bouquet someone had discarded. The flowers were wilted and brown, but this pinkish-purplish butterfly was in fine shape and it really needed to come home with me. I can hardly be called a dumpster diver. I had no intent to scavenge. It was all rather serendipitous. Mr. Gadget better watch his tongue.
So tomorrow we're set to return to the cold northeast, although the weatherman says it may get down to 36 degrees here in SoCal tonight. It may be the first time ever that I'll leave the Calcondo in the same winter-wear I'll need at the Concondo. This will definitely help the baggage-weight situation. I was afraid I might have to leave the chocolate-covered mac nuts behind.

1 comment:

Marge Malwitz said...

No pink flowers here yet :-)
You must be home!
Welcome back!