February 21, 2011

We've run aground

Now where was I? Oh yes, now I remember. I was getting ready to post another report from the cruise when, somehow, one of my body parts accidently leaned against the laptop's delete key....sometimes I really miss my old Selectric...and then, somehow, I lost my will to post. And what with the lei-making classes, hula lessons, ukelele tutorials, and the knitting get-togethers, I just never got back to the blog.
Actually, I didn't attend any of those lessons. I mostly just sat on a lounge chair in the covered pool area and knitted and read. I did, however, take small breaks to visit the buffet for lunch or ice cream or cookies, and because of that I now find myself in quite a predicament. Fewer of my clothes fit.
I'm also dealing with another predicament that doesn't seem to be getting any better with time. Cruise lag. It has nothing to do with the clock; it's a total aversion to the washing machine, the kitchen, and making the bed. I must remember all of this the next time Mr. Gadget twists my arm about taking another cruise...
We did have a very nice time. The weather was good and the seas continued to be calm the whole way...which ended up being just over 5,000 nautical miles. One of the highlights of the cruise was seeing whales in Maui.
Another was a visit to Volcano National Park on Hawaii.

Getting together on sea-day mornings with a great bunch of ladies to knit and do handwork was lots of fun too.
We've already been in touch by email to trade patterns and moan about how unfair it seems that we've had to return to dry land.
I'll be back soon with a few more cruise stories before delving back into crafty stuff. There's not much going on in that department anyway, but I'm itching to start something. I'm hoping it's just that and not bed bugs....

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Sounds dreamy.....

Marge Malwitz said...

Been wondering when you'd be posting! Great to read your adventures again-nice to see the ladies you hung out with on board.