November 19, 2008

Jack Frosting

Here he is.....Jack Frosting. I almost named him Jack Frost, but Jack Frosting reminds me of those little cans of frosting I used to buy to decorate kid birthday cakes. I was always careful to only use 7/8 of the can so I could enjoy the last 1/8 on a spoon. Be forewarned if you happen to be thinking of trying this. It can get you into quite a fix. Personal downsizing may be required.Jack was supposed to have a ruffled clown-style collar, but applying it was frustrating. As I was tightening up the ruffle, his glued-on head popped off and I lost patience. After all, I was planning this as a quick project between moving-prep chores. So I weaseled out and made him a scarf instead. I roughed up the bottom of his head and tried the glue again. So far, so good. But Mr. Gadget has offered a fallback position if this glue fails to hold. It involves an electric drill and a long screw. I hope, for Jack's sake, it doesn't come to that.

And speaking of clueless folks (yesterday's post) how about the folks who live down the street?
They erected a full yard display with Christmas trees and blow-up figures on their lawn early last weekend. This is in addition to at least 8 pumpkins and several corn stalks around their front door. These kinds of things are the reason I don't watch reality TV. There's plenty of reality reality to keep me entertained for years to come.

And tomorrow morning I'm leaving on the 11:16 train to spend the afternoon in the city with Big City Girl. I'm so excited! There was a time when I feared BCG and I would never again have a pleasant conversation. But I never gave up faith. My friends with older daughters assured me that better days were ahead. They were right. We'll have lunch and do some crafty shopping. Then we'll go up to the Top of the Rock for a wonderful panoramic view of the city. It should be a beautiful day in the city but very cold, so I'll be sure to wear my warmies.
You don't suppose BCG would invite me down to the city just because I promised to bring pumpkin muffins, do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack Frosting is very handsome, indeed! Is he destined for a certain craft sale this weekend?

kathy b said...

Oh no. Not for the muffins!

LOVE the Frosting.