November 15, 2008

Couch potato

It's a good thing I found this wonderful website, because Pierre is turning out to be a lazy bum.

Last night I fixed salmon fillets for dinner.....in my crockpot! Who'd have thought? I didn't have the ingredients on hand for the crockpot lady's jerk rub, so I just doctored it up as per my usual....a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and some garlic salt. I wrapped them tightly, each in a little foil packet, and put them right in the pot. After two hours on low, they were melt-in-your-mouth yummy. I also had my rice cooker going. My kitchen gadgets were keeping each other company. Mr. Gadget was most impressed.

I have managed to sneak in a little crafting time. Here's what I have so far.

There might be some paper mache involved, but you'll have to wait and see. Did you know that kneading up a batch of paper mache is a good stress-reliever?

Well, gotta run. Mr. G is busy cleaning up his clutter in the basement, and he hates to be alone with the dust bunnies....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My new favorite cookbook is "The Best Slow and Easy Recipes" by Cook's Illustrated magazine. It's not only got the best roast pork loin we've EVER had, it's got slow roast recipes from beans to bananas AND a whole section on slow cooker recipes. You'd love it!

kathy b said...

This sounds like such a winner. My husband loves salmon. YOu are the second knit blog of my day to share a great recipe that I will try!