November 03, 2008

Dinosaurs

Mr. Gadget and I are making good progress on our house-destashing project, but now we face a real test. Can we find a sucker, I mean someone who might remember what these are and what they were used for?

It's the 1990 edition of World Book and a bit outdated, but in excellent condition. That has to account for something, don't you think? I just posted them on Craigslist (my new favorite hobby) along with something to sweeten the deal. In addition to the full set of encyclopedias with research guide, index and dictionary, I'm offering the cute little turtle and lobster. My email box should be filling up soon.

I've managed to do some handwork during all this preparing-to-move frenzy. I'm crocheting scarves. They require very little mind involvement so they're just the thing to keep me sane. I tell you, this dust and clutter are complicating my thinking processes.

The blue/gray one started as a swatch and turned into a scarf that I will keep.....unless BCG wants it. She requested the gold one, so that one's hers for sure. I started the dark red one with the senior shop in mind, but may decide to keep it too. I'll tell you what they're crocheted out of, but first you real fiber fanatics might want to avert your eyes. It's Homespun. That's because BCG likes the feel of Homespun and it can be easily washed. You may remember me mentioning a while back that some of her knitted gifts end up living on her floor. Hopefully this won't be keeping company with the dustmop sweater....

And look at these tea light candles I found sitting on the window sill in the treehouse.

I'm puzzled by why they've gotten too big for their britches. Sometimes I get too big for mine too, and I always find that just as puzzling. Do you suppose they've been on a cruise?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same books only ours are in red. Not sure what year. Maybe the late 80's? Hope you have a follow up on how fast they go on that list site. Be very interesting.......

Anonymous said...

We were terrible parents....never had a World Book set! You'll have to explain Craig's List sometime....lots of stuff here to destash!