April 20, 2011

The whole enchilada


The five-course meal came together nicely--especially after I added a few herbs and spices.





I have to admit, I'm a little tired of making these witchy gals. But they do seem to sell, and I've never been averse to puffing up my craft fund.


Yesterday my favorite magazine came in the mail.

Mr. Gadget gave me a subscription for Christmas. It only comes every 3 months, so after it arrives I drop everything, make myself a cup o' coffee, and head for my recliner. I was especially intrigued with this doll--called a burd by its creator.

It bears a striking resemblance to one of mine, don't you think?


Now I'm wondering how The Bawdy One would look in bunny slippers. Remember how attractive they were on Santa?

So Mr. Gadget has recently taken on a crafty project of his own.
He's refinishing a table he made many years ago. For a long time, it was our family coffee table--although rarely did I serve coffee on it. Mostly it was where TG and BCG did their crafty projects, and occasionally their homework. It also served as a handy foot stool. Soon it will have a new life in our great room. Great room. That's just another term for a room with a high ceiling and bad acoustics that lead its occupants to believe they are going deaf much too soon.


The underside of the table is covered with childish scribbles. Even the neighborhood kids got into the act. I made my wishes known to Mr. Gadget that he should not paint over this masterly work of art, thereby insuring it will remain a lasting reminder of just how naughty children can be when their parents think they're in the basement playing nicely.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Neato....!