April 13, 2011

Sucking it up




I know I haven't been blogging much lately. I feel badly about it. It's just that I haven't been feeling especially crafty lately. And now that I've backed off from belittling Mr. Gadget, there's hardly anything to write about...



Today I considered starting a new doll, and then I decided to clean the freezer instead. It's a sad day around here when the idea of ferreting out old, well-past-the-expiration-date food from the fridge is more alluring that sitting down at the sewing machine.



I did, however, discover another use for my handy little Dyson vacuum--my all-time favorite household gadget. It's a whiz at vacuuming up all those little bits and bobs that accumulate in the bottom of the freezer compartments. Where do those come from anyway? Probably the same place as the dust bunnies who move in while we're out of the house for weeks.



We've decided to put off the stair-runner purchase for now. Maybe even forever. I finally came to my senses when I realized the cost of one stair-runner equals the cost of one cruise almost. Good thing I got my priorities straight.



So the other day I got to thinking about the sweaters I started long ago and then banished to the time-out closet. First was the Plymouth. I purchased the yarn on a girls' trip to Plymouth, Mass. a few years go. I can't even remember why I abandoned it.

Then there was The Red Pest. This one gave me no end of headaches. I really should get them both out of the closet and work through the trouble spots. It would be nice to have two new sweaters. I think I'll do that. But first, maybe I should scrub the toilets. Too bad the Dyson can't do those....

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

I brought home a little Dyson that someone had left out for takers. John "fixed" it and we both love the thing. It's so lightweight and easy to use.

Marcia, You really should with your photo abilities and writing skills, try out Facebook. I bet you'd find it fun.