April 28, 2011

From the hanger factory

I know I promised to hold off on the bird pictures till I had a whole flock. In the meantime, here's a whole flock of mini-sweaters. Yesterday, while I was at the senior knitting group, I sewed the sweaters to the hangers with little tiny stitches so they won't slip off. A few days ago, while watching The People's Court (I wonder just how clueless some people can be?), I went into hanger-production mode. They go pretty fast, once you get the hang of it.....

These little sweaters seem to generate lots of conversation. Non-knitters think it's magic that I can knit something so small. Sometimes I tell them I've had lots of sock-knitting practice and it's not unlike that. And other times I just keep my mouth shut and let them think I have super-human powers.

So the other day I decided to organize a small portion of my kitchen that's been in disarray for the whole two years plus that we've lived here in the Concondo--the cupboard that holds the plastic food containers.
For 3 bucks at Target I got the little green thingie. It holds all the lids. This is shaving at least 2 minutes off my kitchen clean-up time. I wonder just how clueless some people can be?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Tiny sweaters = very cute! Love them.

Conni said...

Okay, I am loving these little sweaters! They are adorable!