February 25, 2010

Send a bartender

My therapy sessions are going well. I've made quite a bit of progress on the blue chicken, and have traced the other two chickens onto fabric for future sessions. It never hurts to have a little project lying-in-wait in case of an emergency.

Between stitches I've been watching the Olympics. My favorite athlete is Apolo Ohno, or Apolo 7 as he is now known. He always appears cool as a cucumber. And I love those colorful bandanas he wears. Maybe I could get Mr. G to wear one so I wouldn't have to be sewing those terry-cloth headbands that snow all over the house.

So life has served me up a few lemons lately.

I know I should be making lemonade, or better yet--lemon meringue pie--but what I really feel like doing is hurling them. I think I've come up with a workable solution though. Mr. Gadget and I will be heading out to sea in a little over a week. Once we're out past the 12-mile limit, I don't think the lemons can get us. Well, except for the ones in those big paper-umbrella drinks.

No comments: