February 07, 2010

Gardening

I've been doing some gardening with my crochet hook. It's so much less messy than digging in the dirt. These little posies still need some finishing work plus a crocheted leaf or two. Then I'll sew a pin on the back so they'll be suitable for adorning something--a big hat, a purse, or maybe even Mr. Gadget's gym bag.
I have some sad news to report. My computer has expired. It may have suffered a cardiac episode of some kind following a recent power dip in the area. Mr. Gadget tried hooking it up to life support, but his efforts were futile. We've put an emergency call in to Tech Guy, but apparently there are more fun things to do than help your clueless parents with their computer issues. Meanwhile, I'm using Mr. G's computer. I suppose I'll have to be especially careful now when I talk about him here on the blog since he and I and it are mostly sharing the same room. I'll have to remember not to make any more humorous jabs at his various idiosyncracies just in case he's hovering over my shoulder.
This coming week will be a busy one with preparations underway for a visit from two of Mr. Gadget's brothers. I thought it would be a great time to invite Auntie Pasto for another visit too, and she has graciously accepted. Maybe she can help me keep the boys in line. They've been known to misbehave--especially when there's wine involved.

No comments: