February 10, 2010

Resurrected

My computer has returned from the dead, thanks to some magic from Manila and some schmoozing with certain customer service people by none other than Mr. Gadget. He's good at schmoozing. He used to work in the corporate world.
So now I'm back in business, uncensored, in my quiet little corner of the back bedroom, and I finally have some knitting craftiness to share.

I used 3 skeins of Berroco's Softwist--for those of you who knit and are interested. I love it and especially like its ability to camouflage the dreaded turkey neck. I only wish I had purchased more of this yarn on my last visit to Yarn Heaven. Maybe I should really be calling it Knitters' Heaven. I plan to wear it while watching news about the east coast blizzard on the Weather Channel. It's enough to give me the shivers.

I've also been doing some very boring sewing. You can stop reading now if you'd rather, and come back next week--after the Auntie Pasto and Gadget brothers visit--when there is likely to be something more interesting.

I've been making Mr. Gadget some sweat bands for his gym workouts.

He says the sweat bands I make him are superior to the ones he buys at the big sports store. I'm pretty sure he's just saying that. He'd much rather shop for a new car than exercise gear. And he knows I'm always looking for an excuse to go to a fabric store, so he probably assumes it's one of those win-win situations. Do you know how terry cloth sheds? We've got half an inch of snow in the house. Good thing I've got my new scarf.

And finally, I shortened the new bedskirt. That was a mind-numbing task if ever there was one. I'm glad it's over. I think I need a break. Maybe I'll go down to the beach and see if the surf's up. And on my way home I'll see if I can find a snow shovel....

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Great job on the scarf....we've been wearing a lot of them around here lately, although the storm kind of fizzled for us. Poor Baltimore got another 20" on top of the 30" they got last weekend! Like the bedding, too!

Kathy W said...

Neat stuff, Marcia! Have fun with the boys!