May 06, 2009

Expedition findings

I learned that in early Roman times, sardine fishing was a major industry in Sardinia. In fact, at one time Sardinia was known as the Isle of Sardines.

I observed the tower at Pisa and confirmed that it's still leaning.

I was informed that the chocolate buffet did not migrate. It became an endangered species and now, sadly, it is extinct.
Here are a few funny photos....some blog filler till I'm out of my jet-lag fog.
A large sealife mural on a building in Cadiz, Spain.
I'm no longer concerned about my walls with complexion issues. Come to find out, they have a special Mediterranean panache.

Roman tourists. More panache.

Staying out of the way of Roman drivers requires some fancy footwork. But if they do run over you, their cars are so small it doesn't hurt much.
Ferry art.
Those folks in Barcelona really know how to do siestas.

Shop sheep.

A street entertainer along Las Ramblas, the colorful pedestrian walkway in Barcelona. When I tossed a coin in his chamber pot he blew me a raspberry.
And now the laundry.....

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Great pictures.....looks like you had a good time! I have one more, then I'm home till August! Talk soon.

Kathy W said...

Those are great pictures, Marcia, and thanks for the info on Sardinia and of course making sure Pisa Tower was still leaning!