May 28, 2009

Frog recycling project

Soon after Mr. Gadget and I decided to sell the old house and move on, I started a frog recycling project. As I worked my way through eons of layers at the Macaroni dig site, I unearthed frogs of every sort. And I just decided (without checking with them first) that maybe they'd like to move on with their lives too.

Just down the road, in the neighboring town, lives a special friend who's getting up in years and isn't able to get out much. She loves frogs. She collects them. She might even be a frog fanatic. So whenever I go to visit her, I take along my recent finds and she's always tickled green. Yesterday I delivered the flower pot frog and the appliqued frog tote bag. She loves to knit so the bag will hold her knitting projects. At the moment she's knitting baby hats for charity.

So I've been thinking of starting a new doll project. I need a little diversion from the Groundhog-Day life I've been living for the last few weeks--over at the old house, day after day, painting, cleaning, sprucing. After today's session, I noticed a twinge in my lower back, and I tried to convince Mr. G. that I needed to go on the disabled list. He didn't hear me. He probably had just turned on his noisy shop vac or he was cursing about the lamp he'd just broken.

Oops....I guess I got diverted from my diversion. Anyway, I want to design a new cloth doll pattern-- something a little different from the beanbag style dolls I've been making, but a basic pattern that could be adapted to all of my crazy characters. It might be fun to write about this whole process here on the blog. Anyone want to doll along with me? No? Well OK then. Lurking along is fine too. But before I jump into this new creative adventure, there's one more thing I want to mention.

It's just as I suspected. These hardworking construction men next door are really just little boys playing in the sandbox. Look at this, will ya? It's King of the Hill.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Love the froggies...I'm sure Ann did, too!

Question from The Big Guy to Mr. Gadget: is there a framed in box under that closet floor, or does the middle joist go all the way down under that tile floor? Could be a dead mouse or something way underneath. Mice can give off a powerful, musty odor when, um, no longer with us, so to speak!

Kathy W said...

Love the froggies. They make me feel calm and relaxed and kind of like going to sleep. Oh, it's 9pm PST, that must be part of the sleepiness. Hope you get to the bottom of the smelly matter. Goodnight....zzzzzzz

Maddie Can Fly said...

My mother is the "frog person" in our family. One set of grandkids call her Grandma Froggy.