May 12, 2009

Bob drops by

Today I drove over to the old house to speed-paint the kitchen cupboards. My intent was to just get the job done because the new owners....whoever they might be....will, no doubt, just rip everything out and throw it in one of those big ol' dumpsters. One of the good things about speed-painting is that it doesn't matter if you happen to paint right over some dried-on strawberry jelly or a piece of old Scotch tape. Here's a little friendly advice. If you ever have a need to do some speed-painting, buy good quality paint.

Anyway, there I was...painting at warp speed and getting into a nice zen-like state....when who should appear on the back deck. Good ol' Bob.

It was Tech Guy who came up with the name Bob. I would have chosen a more whimsical name, like Chippy, or maybe Cheeky. I'm not absolutely convinced it was the real Bob. It may have been one of his relatives. But he obviously remembered our house as a place to get a tasty treat. I immediately put my paint brush down and served him up some good home cookin', I mean a hefty helping of sunflower seeds, and then watched him stuff his cheeks. This never fails to amuse me. It's kinda like watching people in a cruise ship buffet.Since I'd already moved the good china, poor Bob had to eat right off the floor. He managed to hide his disappointment.

And now, a few pretty pictures from our trip:



2 comments:

Marcia said...

Great pictures! "Bob" is a riot! I've never tried to feed any of our local critters...don't want them to get too comfortable here.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you get up to in your new space