May 15, 2009

Get thee to a rookery

Mr. Gadget thinks I'm being sacrilegious with my talk about flocks and gaggles of nuns. Other Marcia has suggested that maybe I should call them congregations. I suppose she's right.

But don't they look a little like penguins?

When I googled gaggle, that led me on one of those wild google chases and I found out that a congregation of penguins is sometimes called a waddle. Could there be a waddle of nuns? Oh no! Here comes Mr. Gadget with his ruler. Forget everything I said.

So now it's back to witches. Here is my witch du jour.
The process of making these dolls is easy for me now because I've had a lot of practice. The challenge is making decisions about accessories: hair color, boot fabric, hat decorations, etc. Sometimes they just have to sit on the shelf and wait for me to make up my mind. And sometimes I have to take a cruise just to clear the cobwebs....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER cruise????!! Anyway, I was thinking that the plural term "coven" could also apply to nuns, since most of the ones I knew were pretty witchy. No, wait....that was b...chy. Terry has a book...I'll look it up!

Kathy W said...

Gosh, Marcia, how do you do this? You never cease to make me laugh! Thanks for that.......

Anonymous said...

I can just picture Mr. G coming after you -- fixin to wrap your knuckles. . . You're hilarious. Don't ever quit writing this blog.
Cuz Molly