May 11, 2009

Is less more?

Things are greening up nicely here at the new condo complex. However, several residents are in a snit about the work the groundskeeper is, or isn't, doing. The flow of correspondence about this issue is hard to follow. Maybe we should have just stayed out to sea till the matter was resolved.

I did look out my front window this morning and noticed how festive my neighbor's front porch has become. New items seem to be appearing daily.

There's a wreath, a chair, a vase full of artificial flowers on a decorative pedestal, a little ceramic man, a swan and a frog. Will she put something in the chair I wonder? I will wait to see with great anticipation.

Take a look at my front porch.

Zilch.

I guess I'd better take myself down to the garden center....


1 comment:

Marcia said...

Actually, I think your neighbor went a bit over the top! I'm reminded of the old rule about going out: whatever jewelry you have on, take at least one piece off! Same thing should apply to porches!