May 14, 2009

Who says my porch isn't festive?

I was feeling like an outsider here at the new place with my naked porch, so I sprung into action. Well, maybe slogged into action is a better way to put it. I found a doormat with a little pizazz....not one of those boring ones with "Welcome" on it, or "A spoiling grandma lives here." You know. You've seen those kind. You may have one, in which case....my apologies.
The black sheep doll is my latest project. I knitted his red scarf last night during Jeopardy and a few innings of the Yankees game. I really should measure one of these scarves so I wouldn't have to run upstairs to the treehouse to try it on each member of the flock....if I were to actually make a flock. But that would be called planning ahead or being organized and that is foreign to my nature.
It's a good thing I wasn't planning a nap today, since the construction crews are hard at work on the new building next door and today they've decided to move big, giant boulders.
And here are just a few more pictures from our trip. Barcelona!





Now, I'm wondering......If I make a few nun dolls (I've had requests! Who woulda thought!) would that be called a flock? Or would it be a gaggle? I've definitely got to google....

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Been Facebooking lately. You have a lot of neat pix and they would fit nicely in that format as well. Ever tried that? Guess that type of internet website is not for selling stuff but I'm not sure. All your dolls are small masterpieces.

I like the mat!

Marcia said...

I've also been waiting to see you on Facebook!

It's a "congregation" of nuns, I believe....think about it.

Love the sheep and Barcelona looks COOL!