April 16, 2009

Scientific expedition

Mr. Gadget and I will be jetting off to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow for the start of one of our semi-annual fact-finding missions. You may think this is just a cruise with nothing but fun, but you are mistaken.
We'll be doing some important research....with scientific experiments and all. In fact, I'll even be taking my sketch book. It will be handy when I'm doing field work. There might be some flora and fauna that could best be captured with pen and paper.
If you're wondering, I learned all of these terms from my brother-in-law who is a real-life bird scientist. I want to be just like him--observing my surroundings, analyzing it all, and taking notes. Except without the bird poop. And no spread sheets either.
Some of my scientific research will be investigative in nature. I'm gonna find out once and for all if there are sardines in Sardinia.

Other research will be strictly observational. I've heard that tower is still leaning in Pisa, but I wanna see it for myself.
I'll be doing some migration studies too. I'm determined to find out where that chocolate buffet wandered off to. And when I find it, there'll be lots of taste-testing.
I'll be back sometime after May 5 with a full report of my findings, so stay tuned. Maybe you could all knit up a little something while I'm gone......

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Watch out for pirates!

Kathy W said...

I'm the nonknitter "wit" get it? Not the knit wit. Whatajoke. I wanna know if there are sardines in Sardinia so I'll be sure to check back!

Do people twitter on boats? Lay off the chocolate (just kidding!)....