April 08, 2009

Easter shoes

I decided to make my Easter shoes this year. Just kidding. These are for an angel doll I'm making for a friend who needs a little extra watching over at the moment. The white one is coated with gesso, which acts as a primer to cover the fishnet print. It's much more fun, not to mention faster, to paint doll shoes than old walls with dermatological issues.
Just a little randomness today, since I can't think of any good stories worthy of a blog post.
Mr. Gadget is over at our old house where he's had a delightful meeting with the septic guy. He reports that the broken pipe has been replaced, and fortunately no further septic problems were detected. They are now awaiting the arrival of the health inspector to sign off on the project, but he has been delayed....most likely getting one of those sweet coffee drinks and a chocolate donut.
I had my hair cut yesterday and I've decided that my hairdresser, a new grandma, is the most obnoxious new grandma ever. I hadn't been sitting for more than a few seconds before she foisted a whole packet of baby pictures into my lap. I oohed and aahed...to be polite....but really, don't new babies all look pretty much alike? Well, maybe mine were especially photogenic.....
It's snowing in my neighborhood. Isn't it spring now? Yesterday the grass was looking noticeably greener and the flowers were popping up. They're really gonna be confused. I know I am.
Big City Girl got a new job. I hadn't mentioned that she'd been out of work for 4 months. She got a raw deal at the old place. I won't go into it. But the new place seems happy to have her, and very lucky to have the experience she brings. The other day she went on a business trip to the Bronx Zoo. Funny. Where I used to work, I had a zoo right there at my fingertips...
A few minutes ago, an older gentlemen in a large car pulled into my neighbors' driveway. He knocked on their door and soon they came out with suitcases. I wonder just where they think they're going? I'm thinking of starting a sign-out sheet, so I can keep track of the folks around here. One benefit of living in a small condo complex is that I can now use my binoculars strictly for bird-watching.
Mr. G and I will be leaving on our cruise at the end of next week. We were feeling rather smug about the great deal we got on our flight home from Spain. Then we noticed the part about baggage charges and thought maybe we should have just bought a seat for our suitcases.
Tomorrow morning we are having an awning installed on our back deck. It will be a nice green awning, as are all the awnings in the condo complex, and it will extend and retract by remote control. Very soon Mr. Gadget and I will have a whole battalion of remote controls and we'll have to hoist the white flag of surrender because they will be in charge....

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

Bon Voyage! And don't forget to check into the sardines in Sardinia.......

Marcia said...

Oh, just WAIT till you have a grandchild! You'll see, you'll see! Mine could all be models.....

Bon Voyage, indeed! Take good pictures! (And Happy Easter!)

Anonymous said...

I especially loved your comment about the obnoxious grandma -- I just hope that obnoxious grandma doesn't read your blog or you may find yourself unceremoniously dumped and don't you know how difficult it is to find a hairdresser of your liking??? Heh heh. Love the blog, Marcia. LOVE IT!
Cousin Molly