November 01, 2007

Beelinda

Beelinda is almost finished. She's sitting nicely for a photo with her wings pinned to her back. I just finished attaching the flower. I usually sew these on (it doesn't really hurt ...well, maybe just a little), but this time I used glue. All that's left now is to permanently attach her wings.
I've decided to leave her feet unadorned. Sometimes I subscribe to the less is more theory.

Oh, and the rooster embroidery bathroom art? I didn't follow my own directions. The rooster's body is supposed to be black with white spots, and his wings white with black. I've been stitching him all white with black spots....and wondering why he wasn't looking so good on white fabric. I'll be starting over.

My friend Kathy W. asked me in the blog comments how I manage to do so many projects. The answer is simple. I'm perfectly comfortable living with dust bunnies. They make reasonable pets because they cause very little disruption in the household and they don't eat much. They're much easier to live with than our late cat Sparkle who, as she became elderly and began to lose her hearing, would remind me to feed her with a meow not unlike the roar of a lion.
So Mr. Gadget and I are again packing our bags and getting ready for another trip.....this time in a southerly direction. We've been invited to join friends for a week at their timeshare in Grand Cayman. The bad news is the weather forecast says we can expect rain each day next week; the good news is we should miss the hurricane. If I don't get back for another post before we leave in the wee hours of Saturday, you can stop in and say hello to Beelinda. She'll be minding the blog.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are leaving again? But you just got home. I have dust bunnies myself but no energy. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit in the arm chair with "The New Diet Revolution"...doctor required reading. Beelinda is a real honey! HA.

Conni said...

Beelinda is bee-autiful!