November 14, 2007

Back to the jungle, I mean the drawing board

Having finished Beelinda, I had moved on to the monkey and was making good progress until he decided to give me some attitude. I wasn't sure about the head size and the ears, but I went on ahead and did the face anyway. It's a separate piece that I had planned to applique on, but it refuses to lay down nicely. So I'm sending him for a time-out while I rethink the whole thing. A solution will come if I'm patient and get busy with something else. Solutions have a way of bubbling up to the surface. It's not unlike cooking ravioli.

I'm making some headway on the do-over rooster embroidery. This one has the correct color orientation, and looks better on the white background.

I have two more small embroidery projects underway, but I can't divulge them at the moment. They are Christmas gifts for someone who occasionally reads the blog. Watch for the great unveiling right after Thanksgiving.

And speaking of Christmas, when Mr. Gadget and I turned on to our street last Saturday evening on our return from the airport, we noticed a huge Christmas display our neighbors had erected on their front lawn. And when I mentioned it to another neighbor the next day, he told me these crazy people, I mean these early spirited ones, still have a Frankenstein on their front porch. I didn't notice that. I'll have to take another look. Maybe they plan to string colored lights on him. At least they won't suffer from frozen finger syndrome which is a common affliction for folks in these parts who do their outside decorating closer to the holiday. Like Mr. G for instance. I think he waits till it's just cold enough to enjoy the mug of hot chocolate I take out to him with unlimited refills.....





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about trying to do the lights next time it hits 50! Monkey is looking interesting....

Anonymous said...

It's like summer here in Lalaland and the monkeys are out all over the place...just like the turkeys....

Anonymous said...

Uh, those neighbors! They started erecting their Christmas display the day after Halloween! Too soon! They've added more each time I look at it. bleck!

And yes, I saw the frankenstein was there with the xmas decor. Crazy is right.

Still, I gotta think their seasonal displays are better than our "other" neighbor who has a pooping (or rather no pooping) doggie sign on their lawn. Have you seen that one?


(another neighbor)

Conni said...

Cute monkey! And I like the proportions!