November 17, 2007

"All Torqued-up"

That's how Mr. Gadget described my mood this morning after I came in from my trek down the driveway to get the newspaper.....which seems to be strictly my job now (as opposed to the previous sharing of this duty) since he's taken to wearing his bathrobe.
So here's what I'm torqued-up about. It seems the newpaper folks have started putting stick-on ads on the front page. The jiffylube one was today's offering. The hearing aid one was from earlier in the week. I made a little bet with Mr. G that it won't be long before we're getting two a day, or maybe even more. These are worse than computer pop-up ads. I like to browse the front page on my way back up the driveway. Now there's this interfering nonsense. Not to mention the aggravation of having to peel it off and have it stick to my fingers. Mr. G thinks I'm over-reacting (which in auto-speak is the same as being torqued-up apparently). That's pretty much the way I am though. I just coast along in my normal even-tempered state until something like this upsets my apple cart.

This just reminds me of all those campaign signs lining the main drag just before an electi0n. Are there actually people who don't know who to vote for until they drive along the road looking for a candidate whose sign gets their attention? Well, enough of this. My list of pet peeves is almost into double digits.

In an effort to lower my torque, I cut out and sewed together three snowman outfits. I really like the patchwork one and will be anxious to see how it looks on the doll. He'll have red mittens and I have no idea what I'll use for his scarf. Something will jump out of my stash I'm sure.
And isn't this a cute Christmas plate?
I thought it would be a good one for cookies or other holiday treats. I bought it here. More often than not, I just do a quick walk-through to see what they've got, since the selection is ever-changing. The plate struck my fancy when I was there last week, as well as a large package of cinnamon sticks I picked up for crafty purposes.
So Mr. Gadget decided to take his new sports car (this one doesn't run on C batteries either) out on the driveway today because he said he needed to clean up after some birds that had done a nice christening job.
"How can you have bird poop on your car?" I asked. "You hardly ever drive it."
"Well, I did make that quick trip over to Best Buy," he said. "Maybe it happened there."
"Did it clean up well?" I asked.
"Yeah, but I can't imagine what kind of birds they were," he said. "It was big and it was blue."
"Maybe you were blessed by a big goose," I suggested. "He must have really liked your new car."
Then I said that, in all likelihood, there is a website that could help a person identify birds by their....well, you know....droppings. And I told him that he could check if he wanted to, but that I wasn't going to do it. After all, I'd already been out to get the newspaper.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your writing is getting so good.... I could just imagine you and Mr. G in your various stages of pique (is that the way you spell that?). The photos remain spectacular. Is the new sportscar the fugimanooly? Ha.... Do you and Mr. G. collaberate in any way(spelling??) on the blogsite?

Anonymous said...

The Blue Poop is from a bird that likes berries, for sure! I get that occasionally too. If you think your sticky newspaper situation is making you crazy, how would you like to see, in the sidebar, a battle at the Zoning Board meeting over grammatically incorrect signs ("Shop Local".....I have to agree with the side that thought they were outrageous) next to the banner headline that said, "Zoners Adopts Eureka Compromise....". Oh, please. This is why I've stopped reading newspapers.