November 28, 2007

Meet the kitties

As promised, here are photos of the secret project I've been working on for the last few weeks. It's a pair of embroidered kitty ornaments for my neighbor across the street. She's the owner of Clarence and Henry, the two kitties for whom I occasionally cat-sit.

Henry, the black and white one, is the more adventurous of the duo. He usually spends part of his day in our yard, sniffing out chipmunks or watching for birds around the feeders.

Clarence, the tiger-striped one, is more laid-back. He mostly stays in the house. On rare occasions he sits near the door or on the lawn and watches to see what Henry's up to.
On warm days he likes to nap in the shade under the bushes. He and Henry get along well together because opposites attract.
My neighbor seemed pleased with the ornies.....even when the hanger fell off of Henry while she was unwrapping him. I promised a speedy repair. I hate when that happens. I guess if I'm going to make more ornaments, I should find a better way to attach hangers.
So now you'll have to excuse me while I get back to snowman production. And maybe I'd better do a little laundry too. And some vacuuming.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those kitties are so cute and those photos are really beautiful with all the fall colors! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Forget the cleaning....you need to make more ornaments! Those are ADORABLE!

kathy b said...

What a thoughtful and great idea. The cats are wonderful. How nice that you thought of her whole family!

Conni said...

I love those kitties! What a sweet gift idea! And what beautiful stitching!

Jen said...

Thanks again for the kitty ornaments. I love them!