November 23, 2007

Leftovers

Food fabric leftovers, that is. After yesterday's cooking and eating frenzy, I felt like a little break from the usual craft projects and sewed together a couple more strips of my food quilt. By my calculations....which can sometimes be very creative.....I figure I have 3 strips of 16 squares left to do.
I'm pretty sure I'll be ready for the quilting part in the dead of winter, which is pretty good planning on my part, I must say. I've never actually done any real quilting, so this will be a new adventure....although I'm pretty experienced with a needle and thread so that should give me a leg up.

We had a nice Thanksgiving here at Chez Macaroni, even though BCG was in the Poconos with BCBF in the hot tub. Tech Guy arrived, with dirty laundry in tow, and was both pleasant and charming. I made some stuffed artichokes ...a favorite of his....and sent them all home with him. His bag of leftovers, with various other mom goodies, was heavier than his bag of clean laundry.
BCG called to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving and to let us know she and BF had arrived in good order. She had sent me a text message the night before from the train station to say it was unbelievably crowded. I'm pretty sure she got out of the hot tub to call.
After sending Tech Guy on his way, Mr. Gadget and I sat down with our coffee (me) and tea (him) and counted our blessings. Things are pretty good at the moment with no big challenging issues.....well except for that pesky broken windshield. The lady from the glass shop called the other day and left a message that the new windshield had arrived and we could call to schedule an appointment. When Mr. G returned the call not 15 minutes later, he was told that it, too, was broken. Seems they dropped it in the shop.

So I saw a notice in the local newspaper (no nasty stick-ons since my rant, thankfully) about a gingerbread house building contest. I gave it a moment's consideration and then quickly remembered my resolve to leave most of the holiday stress to others who are in better condition for it. Hmmm, I think I have a little ginger-colored fabric in the stash though......

No comments: