October 01, 2013

Yes no yes no maybe

I finished the witch with driftwood arms...except for a bit of a fringe trim....and I'm still undecided about putting her in the craft show.  I have no idea whether she would appeal to anyone.  It's times like this where I hang a tag on, try to come up with a price that's not totally laughable, and label it folk art...you know, that category that falls somewhere between first-class workmanship and garbage.

So yesterday, late morning, I started coming down with cold symptoms.  I can't believe how fast it snuck up on me.  Isn't there usually a little warning?  This was like an ambush. It happened right after I took my daily calcium pill.  I used to take 2 calcium pills....just like my doc instructed.....until several years later when she told me I needed to back off because too much isn't good for my heart.  Which makes me wonder what else I'm taking in excess that might not be good for some other body part. 

But those calcium pills have to be swallowed just so or they stick in the pipe going down and cause all sorts of discomfort and there's nothing you can do except just wait it out.  And while I was waiting out yesterday's pill I started coughing and my nose started running and soon I had a cold.

And tomorrow I have my annual physical with this same wishy-washy doctor.  I might suggest that she wear a mask and gloves when she examines me....so she won't get my cold...the cold that I might not have gotten if she hadn't been so worried about my bones.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I pop a zinc lozenge at the first sign of a cold (usually a scratchy throat and some times that works to ward the cold off. Not always, tho.

Like the witch. Hope you make a lot of sales at your fall craft sale.