October 13, 2013

Grazing at the all-you-can-eat buffet

I had planned to start my cruise packing yesterday, but was interrupted by a call from the craft-show lady at the old hotel.  "Your stuff is flying out the door," she said.  "Could you bring us more?"

So, not being one to brush off a nice compliment like that, I told her I'd look through my craft closet and see what I could scrape up, I mean resusitate.

Mr. Gadget and I took a ride up there this morning and arrived just after the show opened. It's a 3-day affair.

The first thing we noticed were a couple of interesting sculptures on the hotel's front lawn.
People are so very creative--especially those able to rescue stuff from the back corner of their garage and make art out of it.

Inside were some interesting wine bottles that were decorated and filled with lights.
As I made my way around the rooms, looking to see which of my creations had taken flight, I was pleased...not to mention surprised....to notice the yes-no-yes-no-maybe witch had disappeared.  
Also, this cat and witch were gone.
 
On several occasions I've given serious thought to giving up this whole crafty business--especially around this time of year when I'm completely satiated with it all.

But a funny thing happens when my ego is well-fed.  I find myself going back for a second helping.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Positive feedback is motivating. Cute crafts and great boutique results!