September 28, 2013

Stink bug season

Mr. Gadget and I were trying to enjoy some summer-like weather today on the back deck, but a rowdy bunch of party crashers spoiled our fun.  Stink bugs.  No need to show you a photo since they aren't particularly attractive.  They didn't, however, seem to be bothering this small frog who was napping on the top of a deck chair.  He was sleeping there for so long we worried that he might have expired,  but he hopped away when tickled.




My witch progress has been slow.
I wasn't sure I wanted to go any further on this one.  And no, she's not having acupuncture treatments.  Those are long doll needles holding her driftwood arms in place.  Because of her tallness (she's about a foot high) she was becoming a little tipsy...even though she was nowhere near the liquor cabinet.  Mr. Gadget noticed my things-aren't-going-as-planned face and went to his room-o'-gadgets in search of a fix. He came back with a small wood base....to which I quickly affixed her.  She's much more stable now and could probably pass a sobriety test. Here she was yesterday:
 

And here she is today....still a work in progress.
 

A week from today I have to deliver my dolls to the old hotel for the craft show over Columbus Day weekend.  I should have them all finished in plenty of time....as long as the stink bugs don't get me.

No comments: