September 02, 2013

Moving right along

In an effort to give you something slightly less offensive to look at than the green-faced witch, here's a picture of our dead grass.  If only it had a green face.

And speaking of the witch, I'm not at all happy with her green-grass complexion.  She'll be getting an exfoliation treatment followed by a complete makeover just as soon as my new order of fiber arrives.

I wasn't sure what to write about today.  I considered telling you about Mr. Gadget's most recent injury.....a result of trying to open a box of raisins with a butcher knife (no ER visit required), but then I thought better of it.  There's no sense in embarrassing him more than I already have in my years of blogging.

So now I've cranked up the Witchworks here in the treehouse.
I'm working on a couple of clay-faced witches for the old hotel craft show that's coming up in October.  As usual,  I'm not entirely happy with them.  But I'll try to be patient and trust that they'll be presentable once they've come to life.

I'll be breaking away from the Witchworks tomorrow to have lunch with some neighbors here in the condos.  One of them is hosting the affair in an effort to cheer up another who recently had a fall that required two surgeries. This has served as a stark reminder for me to be more careful because I, too, am prone to falling.

One time I fell out of the car.  Mr. G and I had stopped at a 7-11 and when I returned to the car with a carton of milk, I reached over to grab the handle to close the door and I toppled out.  Fortunately, nothing was injured except my pride.

Another time we were heading for the train station in San Diego.  I tripped on the railroad tracks.  But luck was with me again and, other than seeing a few stars, I was fine.  Besides, it was just the commuter rail and not the Amtrak...

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Me, too, about falling. For some reason I'm a very dizzy dame these days. Love to view your new creations for that craft fair. Still very summer here in SoCal hotter than it was while you were at the Calcondo. So it will be awhile before Fall is in the air....seems so. Enjoy! (poor Mr. Gadget, Hubbs is inclined to accidents too but nothing too awful lately--keeping fingers crossed!)