September 11, 2013

On the DL

How very disappointing.  I've been benched.  The needle-felting coach has assigned me to the 15-day disabled list. I have pain in my right upper arm and shoulder from repetitive poking motion.  The trainer thinks I'll be back in the game in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime he says I need to stay out of the stadium and find a less-aggressive sport.

So I'll be back in the Witchworks for a while.  I ripped off the yellow hat that I didn't like, and, come to think of it, that might have aggravated the already-sore shoulder. But I think she looks much better now. 

That purplish color highlights the color in her cheeks and her red bloodshot eyes, don't you think? The eyebrows might need a little work but I should have plenty of time to tweak them now that I'm riding the bench.

So I'm a little peeved at the moment about my prescription medication program.  I had one of those mail-in arrangements that was running almost too smoothly...you know, one of those kinds of things that you feel incredibly lucky about because hardly anything runs smoothly in this world that technology has made much too complicated.

Now it's all gone haywire.  I'm having to make phone calls.  I hate that.  I try to ask intelligent questions, but the answers usually come with a foreign accent and complications.  Maybe I really don't need these medications.  Maybe my doctor is just trying to put one over on me.  Maybe I'll ask her that when I see her in a few weeks.  Maybe not.

And if all this isn't enough, now Mr. Gadget tells me we have mold spores on the front step rails.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

That witch looks very witchy! Yep better than that yellow hatted witch. Scary scary scary.

I hate having to take pills...only take one so far and must meet with the doctor soon to get the prescription renewed. Don't like going to appointments either! Oh well.....and all this stuff about how they are changing medical insurance all around. Awful just awful Been hot around these parts for a long time now....we've had a "late summer" Seemed like the first months of summer June, July and even August were exceptionally mild.

Keep on witching and stay off the basketball court or that felt surger thingy? What is that?