August 06, 2013

Louie

So I'm back from San Diego....where I went to see Louie, I mean my cousin Toni. 

Louie is Toni's cat. It had been a long time since I'd had a cat fix.  I'm much more of a cat person than a lover of dogs.  Louie slept on my lap during the evening hours, because during the day he was much too busy playing with his favorite toys--pipe cleaners and tri-colored twisty macaroni.  I had hoped he'd sleep on my bed, but when he started nipping on my toes I had to boot him off.  I was gentle about it though.  I didn't want to jeopardize my lap time.

My two-day excursion to San Diego was very fun and the weather was fine because it's always fine in San Diego.

The train trip south was quiet and peaceful...after the first stop.  Until then, two young men sat in front of me and talked, in loud voices, about the frequency and variety of their recreational drug use, and their sexual exploits while using said drugs.  I could have moved across the aisle, or even to a different car. There were plenty of empty seats.
But I had a seat on the ocean side, and there were no others to be had.  I couldn't get my iPod to work either, so there was no way to silence them.  Thankfully, after about 20 minutes one got off and that solved the problem.  Meanwhile, I got quite an education.

So now I'm back and ready to play with clay.  I need to start making body parts for witches that I will assemble when I get back to the Concondo. I hope the TSA doesn't x-ray my bag and call me in to the back room for questioning.  Maybe I'll be lucky like I was when we left Grand Cayman. They singled out my bag for inspection and called Mr. Gadget in to explain it all. I was very appreciative because I'm never fond of revisiting my dirty laundry.

No comments: