May 22, 2013

Trip to the Big Soggy

 
On Sunday I joined a few of my neighbors on a bus trip to the city.  Sometimes I call the Big Apple the city--just to annoy my west coast friends and relatives who think I've become a little uppity since transplanting to the east coast.   Of course I know there are plenty of other cities. It's just that none have quite the same charisma as the city.  I mean, where else can you find a trapeze college perched on top of a pier building along the Hudson River?  Or a white-gloved doorman hailing taxis for customers departing a Bed, Bath and Beyond store?  With an umbrella in hand.... because on Sunday the Big Apple was the Big Soggy. 


Even the newly-completed Freedom Tower was half hidden in the mist.

Since travel writing doesn't come easy for me (I just can't get past the then-we- did-this-then-we-did-that) I'll get back to what I like best....writing about my silly crafty stuff.

So the plans for the Celebrating our Creativity event here at the condos are coming along nicely.  I've recruited a few more crafters and I'm nudging some others.  I've decided to make a banner for the front of the building to let people know about the wonderful treasures inside.  Yes, I've been known to sometimes bite off more than I can comfortably chew.
And in other news, an article I wrote for the condo newsletter--under the heading of "Meet Your Neighbors"--was published.  I had a few nice comments and am hoping it will become a regular feature.  I'll include it in the blog soon--after I've had time to change names and places.  After all, Mr. Gadget is already in hot water around here.  I'd prefer to stay out of the tub.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Lady Liberty definitely needs a marine to hold her umbrella or she'd have to put her torch down.....lol. The new tower looks very much like it creates it's own weather UP THERE!
Love the colorful banner....hope for a pix of the finished project!