May 27, 2013

Poser

It's been a slow weekend around here, and the gray, rainy weather hasn't helped.  I haven't felt like doing anything except sitting and knitting, and making unsuccessful attempts to find a quiet space where I couldn't hear Mr. Gadget ranting on the phone to various tech service people.  He carried on for most of the day, even, in fact, forgetting to eat lunch.....which is something I would never do.  But more on the subject of his rant later.

I did finish the banner for Celebrating our Creativity day. It needs something more but I'm not sure what.  I'll cogitate.
 
This morning I baked a lemon meringue pie to take to a BBQ later today. 

I haven't baked one since 1970 or so--one that, sadly, ended up having a plastic-marble filling.  I didn't understand the rules of cornstarch.  I love LMP.  In fact, if I could subsist on it and exclude every other food from my diet I would gladly do it. But then I'd have to pay big bucks to a tentmaker. A few minutes ago I peeked in the fridge and I fear the meringue may be pulling away from the crust...but that's just a small detail....not nearly as bad as trying to chew and digest little plastic marbles.

So now more about Mr. Gadget's rant.  Last week we bought new phones.

The nice clerk did a good job of stifling a laugh when he saw our old ones.  The new one is the most sophisticated phone on the market today.....well, at least for the next 5 minutes....and it's not at all what we need.  But Mr. Gadget is usually true to his name.  We haven't decided whether we'll keep them, or exchange them for a simpler model.  In the meantime, I'd like to sit in Starbucks at the mall, with a nice cuppa latte, and touch and swish and pinch my new phone.  I wanna look cool.  I wanna look gray-haired cool.  I wonder if it will levitate?

No comments: