May 03, 2013

My bad

I completely forgot the puffins.  I was reminded of my neglect by their squawking.  It's hard to imagine just how much racket three small puffins can make.  This project has been sitting idle for a while because I'm not happy with the ground they're standing on.  And I can't stand the thought of ripping out all those French knots.  Maybe I'll just rip out the blue ones.  I think they're the ones that annoy me the most.

So I just reserved the clubhouse for Celebrating our Creativity day here at the condos.  It will be the afternoon of June 8.  That should give me plenty of time to plan, and round up more victims, I mean talented and creative residents.  There shouldn't be very much work involved, but I am thinking of making some sort of banner for just outside the clubhouse door.  I should be able to whip something up in 10 or 15 minutes....

And while I was sitting out in the warm spring sunshine with Mr. Gadget today, I covered an empty pickle jar with newspaper. 

I'm recycling it into a piece of art.....or junk.  I'll decide which category when I'm a little further along.

Oh, and just because I need a few more projects, I'm considering taking on another doll challenge with Art Doll Quarterly magazine. Remember Vinny? The theme for this one is the circus.  Yesterday I went to the local library--you know, the one with the musty aroma that I like so much--and checked out some circus books from the children's department.  I looked at clowns, elephants, jugglers, seals with balls on their noses, and lions and tigers...oh my.  But nothing really piqued my interest.  So I've come to the conclusion that, if I do decide to take on this challenge, I'm going to have to invent a whole new kind of circus performer.  But don't run right out and put up the tent yet.



No comments: