May 09, 2013

Could ya squeeze that a little tighter please?

This morning I had a mammogram appointment. I was a few months late this year, but usually I'm very diligent.  I've always had good results over the years, but I know it doesn't take much for things to go haywire.  So I got to talking to the technician.  I think her name was Regina.  Regina told me how powerful these machines are nowadays... as she walked over to her desk and marked a few barely-visible pencil dots on a piece of paper to illustrate her point.

"I only made 3 dots," she said, "but there could very well be 10 and those could be troublesome."  This got me to wondering.

"How long does it take a doctor to review a scan?" I asked.

"Well, I know it takes Dr. Jones (name changed to protect the guilty) about 15 or 20 minutes," she said.  "First he walks down to Dunkin Donuts and gets himself a big cuppa coffee and then he comes back to his office and shuts the door."

Believe it or not, this little bit of information gave me great peace of mind.  It's a relief to know my radiologist is runnin' on Dunkin.

So now I have a confession to make.  Last night I joined some neighbors at the condo clubhouse.

I'm not a big fan of Bingo.  I just went to be charitable.  My neighbor Barbara wanted to go and I was pretty sure she wouldn't go alone. Sometimes I'll make a sacrifice for a friend as long as there is no risk of bodily harm, and no possibility of getting sucked into some sort of home-party scheme.  Neither one of us won. I'm pretty sure the cards were faulty...

I've been trying to learn how to make wet-felted flowers.  This is different from the other felted flowers I make--the crocheted ones I put in the washing machine.  Wet felting involves layering pieces of wool roving, then wetting it and manipulating it so that it eventually becomes like a felt fabric.  Here's my first attempt:

The thing is, the wet-felting process takes a lot of patience....something I'm often short on.  But the flowers I've seen are so impressive I'm pretty motivated.  I think they would look fab on my felted handbags.  Maybe I'll lock myself in the Treehouse some evening and get serious about this felting business. I'll dose myself up with caffeine. I run better on Dunkin too.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I understand that Dunkin Donuts is going to come to the west coast soon. I'm interested! (I've played bingo with the retired Bank of America workers -- a friend takes me to these luncheons as her guest and I find that bingo is fun nowadays. Bit excitement....LOL