August 29, 2012

Staff meeting

I'm back in the Treehouse after yesterday's long day of travel.  The trip was fairly uneventful--with us in our usual seats 17A & B--except for the couple sitting in 16A & B.  Mr. Gadget and I always sigh with relief when we notice there are no crying babies in our vicinity.  Little did we know just how annoying grown adults could be.  But anyway...

As you can see, I brought the earthquake bird back with me.  He was really kind of a good-for-nothing out in California.  He never toppled over, so I never knew when there was an earthquake--even though there were swarms of them this visit.  Being a native Californian as I am, I don't find earthquakes to be particularly newsworthy, but still....I hate to be the last to know.  Earthquake bird will have an easy life back here.  There will be nothing for him to do except attend the occasional staff meetings.

So now I have to get busy and work on a few things for the Columbus Day weekend craft fair at the old hotel.  I have a few things in the works, including some small paper mache witches.  I also have lots of crocheted flowers ready for felting....which Mr. Gadget cheerfully agreed to bring back in his suitcase.  We always have interesting things in our suitcases for the trips to and fro....leftovers from the kitchen, books, electric toothbrushes, computer parts, yarn, and this 'n that.  In fact, I asked him today if he thought an ant could have snuck in.

Tomorrow I'll rejoin the condo craft group that meets Thursday afternoons.  The ladies seem happy that I'm back.  In fact, they tell me there will be cake to celebrate.  Not as thrilled are our next door neighbors, who haven't spoken to us for well over a year--except for a very brief expression of sympathy. They will, no doubt, remain steadfast. Condo living can be very interesting indeed.  I'd better just leave it at that.  I've been catty enough lately....

No comments: