August 06, 2012

Wannabes

Here's a lovely bunch of crocheted flowers that wanna be felted flowers, but it's not quite their time yet.  

The Calcondo is overflowing because of all my areas of interest.  It's a wonder Mr. Gadget hasn't left me for another woman--one who is less a crafter and more a housekeeper.

The cat project slogs along.  It's slow-going because of the process of adding multiple layers of gluey paper and waiting for it to dry. 
And then I usually notice an area that needs a little reshaping, so I add more paper and let that dry...and on and on.  Mr. Gadget, who enjoys doing woodworking projects, has suggested I might find it easier to finish my creations by following his model.  When you just can't look at your handiwork any longer, he says, you proclaim it good enough.
I'm using fast mache (paper pulp that's similar to clay) for filling in areas that need it, and for building up the cat's paws.  I like the texture of it and may end up covering the whole thing with a thin layer. 

Will he being worthy of a trip to the east coast to sit under the table in our entry way?  I guess time will tell.  If I do ship him, at least I won't have to buy any  bubble wrap to keep him from bouncing around in the box.  The flowers should do the job nicely.

2 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Neat projects!

Kathy W. again said...

Did the earthquake bird fall over last night around 11:23 pm when we had the 4.4? Woke John up but I didn't feel it. Did feel an aftershock around 9:30am as I sat like a potato on our couch. lol