August 17, 2012

Rail and sail

Mr. Gadget and I uprooted ourselves from the couch yesterday and went on an adventure with the condo travel club.  It started out with a short walk down the sidewalk and a bus trip to the train station.  Here's how it went:
All aboard for San Diego.
Some of the scenery along the way.
A donut shop in the small town of Leucadia.
My grandfather was the postmaster there
many years ago.
This looks something like the old p.o. building.
Could it be?
We had lunch at this restaurant.
Can you tell I've just eaten a big, gooey bananas-with-ice cream dessert?
I was charitable and shared it with Mr. G.
We took a harbor cruise.
We saw seals and pelicans and other wild things...

I realized just how out-of-it I am when it comes to hip California apparel.  I need to get out and shop more.

And that's what I did on my summer vacation.

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Nice daytrip and another "What is she thinking?"