August 23, 2012

Skid marks

I've come to a screeching halt.  I'm not real thrilled with the cat and I'm cogitating.
He's going to need lots more work on his stripes, and I don't know if I'm up for it.  Last night I dreamed about how much easier it would be to paint a black and white cat.  Maybe with some white on his face and down his chest.  Maybe some white on the end of his tail, the tips of his ears, and his feet.  It sure would be nice to have him done, and on the quick.  I've been catting around too much lately.

So tonight Mr. Gadget and I are having the neighbor ladies over for dinner.  We do this just about every time we're here because we like to thank them for keeping an eye on things here at the Calcondo when we're gone.

I'm making Italian food.  It's easy to make ahead, and just about everyone likes it.  So we'll have some stuffed shells, a mozzerella-tomato-basil salad, a roasted red pepper salad, and some garlic bread.  Dessert will be homemade chocolate chip cookies arranged on a plate with some delicious toffee candy we found at the farmers market.

On Tuesday we'll be heading east, but before we go we'll need to prepare for termite tenting and fumigation.  The whole process will begin right after we clear out of town.  This involves double-bagging food in the cupboards, doing the same for food in the fridge, and leaving all cupboards, closets and drawers open.  It's a lot of work, and certainly not much fun, but, I've gotta admit, it's much less annoying than getting ready for a colonoscopy....especially one that you may have put off because, really, aren't there a million other things that are much more enjoyable?

2 comments:

Kathy W. said...

That menu sounds yummy! The cat is cute...cheshire smile? Tenting the condo? All the units or just yours? Hope your trip to the Concondo was a nice easy one...since I'm writing this on Saturday, the 25th.....

Kathy W. again said...

Hey bon voyage...cause your return to the Concondo is next Tues?