July 29, 2012

The make-over

Remember my clay gold finch---aka the earthquake bird
He was a little too fat in all the wrong places.  So I put him on a diet, and now he's looking a little more svelte.
I was very happy to see him still standing when we returned from Maui.  There was a 3.7 earthquake while we were gone.  Those are the best kinds of earthquakes--the ones that happen while we're gone.

Yesterday I went to Joann's for some instant mache--the cheater's paper mache.  You just add water and it turns into a pulpy glob.  It will work well for filling out the cat--cheeks, paws, ears, etc.  While I was there, I took a look at the fabric and ended up buying some of this:
We have relatives who are real winos, I mean fans of fine wine, and they like to picnic.  In fact, they have all the picnic fixins'--stylish basket, plastic wine glasses, knives, forks and spoons.  What they don't have is a set of hand-crafted napkins.  I think these will be a nice addition.  Maybe I'll throw in a few ants too.

No comments: