July 10, 2012

Good eats!

Hard to believe but it turns out the solution to our ant problem was as simple as opening a gourmet restaurant.
This grub is so darned delicious the little buggers have no interest in what we're eating.  Thanks to a $6.50 purchase at Target--for 6 tiny ant restaurants--the quality of life in the Calcondo has increased dramatically.

So over the weekend, while the ants were feasting, Mr. Gadget and I took a little jaunt down to the Port of Los Angeles.  Sadly, this was not to embark on a cruise.  It was to visit a new craft venue.  Seems a couple of smarty-pants guys decided to open a permanent craft fair in an old abandoned World War II warehouse. 
And when it's filled, which they expect to happen quickly, they'll open another warehouse next door.  These guys have a track record, so it sounds promising.
The offerings inside were interesting--especially this bejeweled sewing machine that caught my eye.  But the best part was out front.
I just love the work of whimsical, unconventional gardeners. Which makes me wonder if I've finally hit on an idea for my grandma's old roasting pan--you know, the one I can't seem to part with. 
Maybe I'll plant it full of nasturtiums and put it in the front yard.  I'll just bet the code-enforcement curmudgeons will be on it in ant-speed.

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Marcia!
Thanks for the tips for ants and a neat kind of store to browse in SoCal!